We want to make volunteering as easy as possible. After learning about a ministry area where you would like to use your gift, simply contact the church office. A staff member will walk you through the steps required for volunteering in that specific ministry. Usually, you will just need to fill out an application and a questionaire and have a chance to meet with the staff so you can get to know each other. Sometimes classes or background checks may be required.
There is always a place to plug in at Glacierview Baptist Church!
Please see the area below for current volunteer opportunities.
Position Title Term/Frequency Details
- Church Treasurer 2 year term Replacing Char Moss, Financial Exp.
- Deacon(s) 1-2 year terms Renewing Ed Stading, Weston Carroll
- Jr. High Sunday School 1 year term 1-Teach Combined Class or 2-Teach Separate Classes (Boys & Girls)
- 2-3 Year Old Sunday 1 year term Teaching weekly Sunday School Class School Teacher
- 2-3 Year Old Children’s 1-time term Sign-up on list in class for 1-time class
- 1st – 5th Grade Children’s Monthly term Teaching 4-6 Sundays on rotating basis
- Truth Seeker Volunteers Weekly or 1-time Volunteering Weekly or 1-Time help
- Youth Ministry Volunteers 1 year term Weekly Wednesday Night Youth Group & Annual Youth Activities
- Coffee Bar Baristas 1-time rotating Rotating 1-time volunteer slots, barista experience preferred
10. Nursery Volunteers 1-time term Sign-up on list in class for 1-time period
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the above mentioned positions, please contact Pastor Joel DeBlaay (907 299-8807 or the church office (907) 235-8779.
In order to volunteer at Glacierview Baptist Church we ask for the safety and quality of our ministry that you read the volunteer guidlines and fill out a volunteer application (click on links below).